An indulgent chocolate treat for the family!
- 120g plain flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 60g good quality cocoa powder
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 17g cooked chopped beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 140ml vegetable oil
- 1tsp vanilla bean paste
- 150g full fat cream cheese
- 100g icing sugar
Decorate with a dust of cocoa powder or if you want some extravagance add a little gold leaf and melted dark chocolate.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder & cocoa
- Mix in the sugar
- In a food processor add the beetroot, oil, eggs and vanilla then blend until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and blend until fully incorporated.
- Pop into cake cases and cook in the oven for approximately 15 minutes. Cool on rack.
- Mix the cream cheese and icing, then take a teaspoon and dollop onto the cupcake. mooth with back of spoon and then decorate.