Food-lovers flock to Port Stephens each August for a taste of the fresh local seafood the region is renowned for, at the annual Love Sea Food festival. This year Love Sea Food joins forces with Tastes Port Stephens to deliver Love Sea Food Tastes Port Stephens, the best ever, monthlong celebration of the region’s fresh seafood, many local producers and fabulous food experiences, from August 1 until September 1, 2019.
This year’s jampacked festival menu offers so many fun ways to experience the local seafood and meet local producers and chefs, including:
- An Oyster Master Class on August 1st at The Poyers chic waterfront restaurant in Lemon Tree Passage, with oyster grower Paul North and Chef Ludovic Poyer.
- The Port to Plate Gala Dinner at Broughtons at the Bay in Nelson Bay on Saturday August 3rd where a line-up of local head chefs will be out to impress guests with their imaginative take on the local catch.
- Opportunities to get hands-on with some of Port Stephens’ best chefs at Cooking Classes by In House Kitchen, Bannisters Port Stephens, Bluey’s Restaurant and The Anchorage.
- Coveted Signature Series Lunches and Dinners hosted by popular local chefs, including a Seafood and Semillon Dinner at The Anchorage with Thomas Wines, a Four Course Degustation Lunch at The Little Nel, a Nine and Dine dinner at Horizons Golf Resort, a Four Course Dinner prepared by My Kitchen Rules winners Matt and Luke, a Moonshadow-TQC and The Poyers Three Course Seafood Lunch and a Three Course, Authentic Italian Lunch with Nonna Anna-Maria at Sienna’s.
- A variety of Seafood Lunch and Dinner Specials offered by eateries all around Port Stephens throughout the month of August.
- An afternoon of fun out in the fresh sea air, with free live music and Barefoot Bowls Beer and Oysters at Soldier’s Point Bowlo on Sunday 4 August and a Love Sea Food Family Fun Day at Horizons Golf Resort on Sunday 25 August.
- Join a behind the scenes tour of Port Stephens Fisheries Institute on Friday 2 August and Saturday 10 August exploring the world of aquaculture or join one of the daily tours of the Cookabarra Burramundi Farm.
and much more!
Not to be missed is the huge, weekend festival finale at Tastes Port Stephens Food, Wine and Jazz on Saturday August 31 and Sunday September 1 where you can try or buy direct from local producers at market stalls that wind through the Nelson Bay Town Centre and along D’Albora Marinas. There’ll be free live jazz and seafood cooking demonstrations; the hotly contested annual oyster shucking competition, sublime local wines, a Tasters Trail Tour and a Jazz Luncheon Cruise with Moonshadow-TQC, with 10-piece Hot Potato Band performing at Soldier’s Point Bowling Club on the Saturday night.
“The heart of Port Stephens is a spectacular marine park with sparkling blue waters and we are spoilt for choice when it comes to fresh local seafood and produce, fabulous cafes and waterfront restaurants.” Says Eileen Gilliland, CEO of Destination Port Stephens. August is the most exciting time all year to experience a taste of the local food and lifestyle now that Love Sea Food and Tastes Port Stephens have come together.”
Put it in the diary: Love Sea Food Tastes Port Stephens Celebrating Coastal Cuisine Thursday 1st August – Sunday 1st September, 2019 www.portstephens.org.au/loveseafood/
Proudly presented by Destination Port Stephens and Tomaree Business Chamber with the support of our partners: Port Stephens Council, Commercial Fishermen’s Cooperative, Sydney Fish Markets, Newcastle Airport, DÁlbora Marinas, Seabreeze Hotel, Latitude One, Pure Property Management, Department of Primary Industry, WIN Network, Port Stephens Examiner and Ampcontrol.